Client Name: Trinity College Dublin
Henry J Lyons & RKD Architects
Michael McNamara & Co
Arup Consulting Engineers
Trinity Colleges newest buildings “The Sports & Crann” are located on the northeast corner of the campus, directly opposite the Pearse St. Dart station.
The Crann (Centre for Research on Adaptive Nanostructures and Nano devices) is the second facility in Europe for research into Nano science, the other being in London. The building is six storeys high, with four floors of the building devoted to Nano science laboratories. The ground and first floor contain meeting rooms, a 150 seat lecture theatre, a science gallery and a conference centre.
The Sports Building is also six storeys high and consists of a main sports hall, squash and racquet courts, aerobics studios, a spa area, sports clinic and a 33m short course Olympic swimming pool.
Works consisted of
- Installation of heating, water service, chilled water plant and pipework
- Installation of chiller plant located on the roof
- fully automatic air handling unit with heat recovery terminal wheels
- Installation of air side controlled fan coil units
- Installation of ventilation duct socks in vibration sensitive research labs
- Installation of Deionized water generators and pipework
- Installation of building management systems with central control pc to monitor and control all mechanical service within the building