Client Name: Carton House Hotel
Varming Consulting Engineers
Carton House was originally built in 1739, and is one of Irelands most impressive country estates. The estate includes 1,000 acres of parkland, a lake, boathouse, lodges, woodland and two championship golf courses.
Carton House is a 4 star 165 bed hotel, along with bars, restaurants, a banqueting hall and leisure centre with spa.
The goal of this project was to bring Carton House into the 21st century, with the highest achievable standard in mechanical services. The main house is a listed structure, and therefore Laurence Mechanicals main challenge was to provide state of the art services without impacting on the original features of the house. As part of the contract there was also a new three story bedroom block built behind the main house, which will house 147 of the 165 bedrooms.
Works consisted of
- Installation of heating, water service, chilled water plant and pipework
- Fully automatic air handling unit and ventilation ductwork
- Installation of air side controlled fan coil units
- Installation of centralized plant room contained in a service yard 1.5km from the old house.
- Installation of building management systems with central control pc to monitor and control all mechanical service within the building